The NASA MSI Emerging Stars Network is a partnership between the NASA Educator Professional Development Collaborative (EPDC) and Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) to enrich STEM teacher preparation through NASA professional development opportunities and educational resources.
Emerging Stars Network members are institutions with official designations as MSIs that have:
- faculty and/or students who participate in one or more NASA professional development opportunities annually;
- an identified faculty representative who helps facilitate communication with faculty members and students about NASA opportunities and resources; and
- agreed to serve NASA EPDC in an advisory capacity on matters related to enhancing diversity in STEM teacher preparation and fostering culturally relevant STEM pedagogy
Emerging Stars Network member institutions receive:
- a framed certificate of membership,
- invitational priority to participate in special events,
- listing as NASA MSI Emerging Stars Network member institutions on the EPDC website and on relevant EPDC publications,
- invitations to participate in periodic Emerging Stars Network webinars, and
- priority for EPDC support and NASA resources
NASA MSI Emerging Stars Network
54. Valencia College
MSIs interested in joining the NASA MSI Emerging Stars Network should contact NASASTEMEPDC@txstate.edu.
The NASA MSI Emerging Stars Network is also supported by: